It's only natural that during the BETA period of MSN Messenger 7 many a bug has been discovered and reported. Starting with leak of the private MSN Messenger 7.0.0205 BETA on October 2nd, we are compiling a list of bugs and (spelling or cosmetic) mistakes to give you an idea of known issues, so you don't have to worry if something looks odd, doesn't work or even crashes. BETA versions and especially private ones are intended for internal testing only and are likely to lack stability of the code and information. These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 in (April?) 2005:
Thanks to Huuf, opperator, Timothy & Inky.
Last review: February 14th, MSN Messenger 7 build 0604
01) In the information bar in top of a conversation they forgot an n (hard enter) to separate the contact's status line with your status (eg. "her status is set to Busy.Your status is currently...").
02) You can't select the default backgrounds in the backgrounds tab.
03) When you disable the automatic playback of Winks you can still receive them.
INTENTIONAL 04) Even with Nudging disabled they will still cause your conversation window to open.
05) With Nudging disabled it emulates receiving a text message (flashing taskbar) but no text will be received.
06) The previews for :'( (Crying face) and :| (Disappointed smile) look the same in the emoticons selector.
07) When adding the same emoticon 6 times, click Close and try to re-add an emoticon with the same shortcut as the old one it says it already exists.
08) When you resize the contact list too fast you can still have trimmed nicknames and unaligned ones.
09) When sending the icecream wink "Crying" the sounds loops forever.
10) When switching between the Message History log and a different window, "Connecting..." appears in the middle of the log.
11) When resizing a Message History log "Connecting..." appears in the middle.
12) When adding an animating gif with unlimited looping it only loops one time. What you need to do is make it repeat 65535 times to fake unlimited loops.
13) You can't "Get more" winks.
14) Phone bug (crashes MSN Messenger).
15) Sometimes the contact list randomly fades.
16) When a contact uses an illegal character and you try to view that person's chat log, MSN Messenger closes.
17) When you double-click on the hide/show DP it sometimes gets stuck inside the frame.
18) When sending custom animating emoticons you see the frames compressed into 19x19 pixels, but the destination contact sees them just fine. After your reboot you will see them correctly too.
19) When sending the same animated emoticon twice you see it full size.
20) You can't click a custom animated emoticon in your emoticon list if it has a same shortcut as a default emoticon.
21) When you click a Wink before the menu is fully loaded MSN Messenger crashes.
22) No content in the status information bar when your status is set to Busy.
23) MSN Display Pictures have a a black, ugly 1 pixel border around the edges.
24) When a contact goes Offline, the status change is not reflected properly in a conversation window alert. Perhaps this alert will be replaced with a message explaning the user can also send Offline Messages (option not enabled yet)?
25) From time to time and for some users, Instant Messages don't seem to get through succesfully.
26) A contact's e-mail address is not displayed anymore when hovering over his or her name. While this might not be a bug, it's annoying. See the address by right-clicking the nickname and then selecting Send Other.
27) Inputting Asian characters (UTF8) in a Search will result in weird search results.
28) The contact card will appear at the right edge of the screen when a window is maximized.
29) Custom Emoticons and Animated Custom Emoticons can still not go in the same message simultaneously.
30) Webcam support is broken between two MSN Messenger 7.0.0604 builds (Static image and time-outs).
31) When switching to Ink mode the whole window might become one big drawing board.
32) There is still no way of forcing a proxy. TCP will be forced, after that the Web Gateway and after that proxies.
33) When enabling large MSN Display Picture thumbnails in the contact list, emoticons in nicknames are resized and don't look so good.
34) When your contact has set a status other than Online, your own status information will disappear from the conversation window.